FESCO FAQs provide answers to common questions about connections, billing, tariffs, and more. Get official information & assistance from FESCO.

How can a prospective consumer obtain a new connection from FESCO?

To obtain a new connection from FESCO, follow these steps:

  1. Visit the Sub-Division office located in your area to obtain a free application form.
  2. Fill out the application form completely and accurately.
  3. Submit the filled application form to the Sub-Division office.
  4. The concerned clerk at the office will provide you with a receipt as an acknowledgment of receiving your application.
  5. The new connection application will be processed at the Sub-Division office.
  6. Within one month, the connection will be installed, subject to feasibility.
  7. If the connection is not feasible due to technical or other reasons, you will be informed about the rejection of your application along with the reasons.

How to Check FESCO Online Bill?

To check your FESCO online bill, follow these steps:

  • Go to the FESCO bill online platform.
  • Enter your 14-digit FESCO bill reference number in the provided field
  • Click on the “check bill” button
  • Your FESCO bill will be displayed on a new tab.
  • Click on “Print Bill” to see the print bill or download a PDF version

What is the method of recording reading?

Meter readings are recorded through the following process:

  1. A meter reader visits each premise door to door.
  2. The meter reader records the reading from the meter.
  3. The recorded reading is entered on the Meter Reading Record and also on the consumer’s Meter Reading Card.
  4. By entering the reading on the Meter Reading Card, the consumer can keep track of the units they have consumed.

How can an incorrect bill be rectified?

If a bill contains any errors, the consumer should report the issue to the concerned Sub-Division/Revenue Office. They will assist in correcting the incorrect bill.

What is the grace period for depositing electricity bills?

A grace period of 7 days is provided for the deposit of electricity bills. Consumers have 7 days from the due date to make the payment.

Where can consumers make bill payments?

FESCO has made arrangements with various authorized banks and post offices in all parts of the country to facilitate bill payments. Consumers can deposit their bills at any of the following authorized locations:

  • All scheduled Banks of Pakistan (Nadra, UBL, Omni, EasyPaisa, Bank Alfalah Online)
  • Post Offices within the district/city

Consumers have the flexibility to choose any authorized bank branch or post office for bill payment.

How can a disconnected connection be reconnected?

To reconnect a disconnected connection, follow these steps:

  1. Obtain the prescribed reconnection form, available free of cost, from the concerned Revenue Office.
  2. Fill out the reconnection form completely and comply with any specified instructions.
  3. Submit the filled-in reconnection form to the concerned Revenue Office.
  4. After fulfilling the necessary requirements for reconnection, the connection will be restored.

How can a connection be transferred to another person’s name?

To change the name of a connection to another person’s name, follow these steps:

  1. Apply to the concerned Sub-Division office for a change in name.
  2. Obtain the prescribed application form for a change in name and fill it out.
  3. Submit the filled-in application form, along with the required documents justifying the name change, to the concerned Sub-Division office.
  4. Once all prerequisites for the name change are fulfilled, the connection will be transferred to the desired new name.

How can a consumer increase or decrease their load according to their requirement?

To increase or decrease the load according to a consumer’s requirement, they need to follow these steps:

  1. Submit an application to the SDO (Sub-Division Officer) or the competent authority.
  2. The SDO or the competent authority will arrange for the verification of the load and conduct a test.
  3. Based on the load verification and test report, the load will be adjusted accordingly, either increased or decreased.

How can a consumer arrange for the disconnection of their supply and refund of security?

If a consumer no longer wants to continue their electricity connection, they should follow these steps for permanent disconnection and refund of security:

  1. Apply to the SDO for permanent disconnection.
  2. The SDO will initiate the process of permanently disconnecting the connection after obtaining clearance from the Revenue Office.

How can a consumer change their tariff from domestic to commercial?

To change the FESCO tariff from domestic to commercial, follow these steps:

  1. Obtain the application form for tariff change from the SDO office.
  2. Fill out the application form and attach the following documents: a. Copy of CNIC b. Last paid electricity bill c. Affidavit of Rs. 20.00
  3. Submit the filled-in application form and required documents to the SDO office.
  4. The tariff change will be processed within two or three days.

For the remaining questions, please consult the FESCO website for up-to-date information and specific details.

What is the N.J Surcharge?

The N.J Surcharge, as per Gazette Notification No.SRO07-14(1) 2008 dated 04-01-2008, refers to an additional charge of Rs. 0.10 per kilowatt-hour (KWH) on the consumption of electricity. This surcharge was implemented from January 1st, 2008, and the collected amount is deposited into the account of the Neelum Jhelum Hydro Power Development Fund.

How can a consumer remove the TV Fee from their Electricity Bill?

To remove the TV Fee from the electricity bill, the consumer should follow these steps:

  1. Obtain the relevant form from the concerned Revenue Office or Assistant Manager (Customer Services).
  2. Fill out the form accurately.
  3. Submit the filled-in form, along with a copy of the CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card), to the respective office.

What is the minimum amount required for issuing a Disconnection Notice (DCN)?

For domestic consumers (A1) and commercial consumers (A2), the minimum amount required to issue a Disconnection Notice (DCN) is Rs. 500 per month.

What does “minimum charges” mean?

“Minimum charges” refer to the minimum amount that a consumer needs to pay in cases where the calculated variable charges are lower than the specified minimum amount. The minimum charges per month vary based on the tariff phase and type:

  • Domestic (A1) Single Phase: Rs. 75/-
  • Commercial (A1) Three Phase: Rs. 150/-
  • Domestic (A2) Single Phase: Rs. 175/-
  • Commercial (A2) Three Phase: Rs. 350/-

How can a consumer lodge a complaint about FESCO?

A consumer can lodge a complaint about FESCO by calling the toll-free number 041-118. This allows consumers to report their complaints and seek resolution.

How can a consumer access general information about FESCO?

General information about FESCO, including the shutdown schedule and phone numbers of FESCO departments, can be obtained from the official FESCO website: fesco.com.pk

For any further inquiries or specific details, it is recommended to visit the FESCO website or contact the respective FESCO offices.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *